Do you have the right personality for College?

Law & Security


Fill out form get more info

Please contact me with more information relating to the school and program(s). I understand I may cancel my consent at anytime.

Law & Security Diploma Program

Trillium College’s Law & Security diploma program provides theoretical and hands-on training and gives you the knowledge, skills and industry contacts needed for successful employment in the policing and public safety fields. Our program is recognized by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS) and taught by professionals from the public safety arena.

Leading to one of the best community service career paths in Canada, the Law & Security program provides individuals with the fundamental knowledge and skills needed for successful employment in the field.

Areas of Focus

This academic program covers information in the following subject areas:

Employment Opportunities

As a graduate of Trillium College’s Law & Security program, you will be prepared for work in a variety of professional law enforcement areas, including municipal by-law and civil enforcement, airport security guard, house detective, private investigator, military police, railway police, police services, public and private security companies, and investigation firms. This diploma also gives you the opportunity to pursue training to work with the railway police, military police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), corrections, customs and border services.

Graduates with a Law & Security diploma may be eligible to work with Ontario Police Services, as Public Security Guards, with Private Security and Investigation Firms, Federal Enforcement Agencies (such as RCMP or Customs Officers), Conservation Services, Railway Police, or Military Police. Potential careers are also available in By-Law Enforcement and Civil Enforcement.

Admission Requirements

Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Mature Student Status
A clear CPIC with vulnerable sector screening

Financial Aid

At Trillium College, our Student Finance department is available to discuss all of your options and answer any of your questions. Call us NOW! We can help you determine a plan that is best for you. We are here to help you make a confident decision about investing in yourself and your future.

Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify. Please feel free to contact our Trillium College Student Finance Advisors for more information and details regarding documentation required.

Key Performance Indicator and Loan Default Rates

As a Trillium College graduate, you will be contacted in a few months’ time regarding your participation in the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Graduate Satisfaction Survey.

Out of Province Student Loans

Students from provinces outside of Ontario may also qualify for funding from the last province in which they resided for 12 consecutive months. For a list of provincial offices, please visit website.

Employment Ontario

Second Careers is administered by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (ASED) which helps laid-off workers re- train for a new career. If you were laid off any time after January 1, 2005 you are eligible to apply; including those who have taken an interim job to make ends meet. If you qualify, funding is available to support the cost of tuition, books, daycare, transportation and a basic living allowance.

Lifelong Learning Plan (RRSP)

The Lifelong Leaning Plan (LLP) allows you to withdraw money from your RRSPs to finance your education or that of your spouse or common-law partner. You can withdraw up to $10,000 per year, up to a total maximum of $20,000.

Registered Education Savings Plans

A student who is named under a family’s Registered Education Savings Plan may use these funds to cover the costs of education at an eligible post-secondary institution such as Trillium College.

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)

If you are a WSIB recipient or a surviving spouse, WSIB has funding resources for labour market re-entry. Speak to your case manager about re-training, which will help prepare you to get back into the work force.

Aboriginal/First Nations

If you are a registered Status Indian or Inuit (residing on or off the reserve) and plan on going back to school, you may be eligible for funding for your post-secondary studies if you register with an eligible educational institution such as Trillium College.

Frequently Asked Questions


It’s easy! To start the application process, simply fill out the “I Want Answers” form above!


Trillium College offers several 100% online diploma programs Business, Technology, & Human Services, check out our programs to discover all the details.


Please visit program page to get more information.


Yes, we offer Grants, Loans and Private Student Loans. Check for more info on our financial-aid page